Lahore Board 9th Class (Biology) Subjective 2017 Past Paper English Medium [Group 1st]
2. Write short answers to any FIVE (5) questions.(10)
(i) Describe vegetative organs of plants with two examples.
(ii) Write the definition of Bio-Chemistry.
(iii) What is meant by bio-informatics?
(iv) ifferentiate between deduction and theory.
(v) Define species with an example.
(vi) What is meant by endangered species? Write an example.
(vii) What is difference between primary and secondary walls of cell wall of plants?
(viii) Draw labelled diagram of mitochondrion.
3. Write short answers to any FIVE (5) questions.(10)
(i) Explain G 0 phase.
(ii) Define mitosis.
(iii) What is crossing over?
(iv) Give uses of enzymes in paper industry.
(v) Describe induced fit model.
(vi) What is Krebs cycle?
(vii) Explain alcoholic fermentation.
(viii) Define bioenergetics.
4. Write short answers to any FIVE (5) questions.(10)
(i) Differentiate between fat soluble and water soluble vitamins.
(ii) Write the name of two diseases caused by mineral deficiency.
(iii) What is peristalsis?
(iv) What is protein energy malnutrition?
(v) Write preventive measures for dengue fever.
(vi) What is transpirational pull?
(vii) Write the name of any two plasma proteins.
(viii) What is blood group systems?
PART – II
Note: Attempt any TWO questions. 5. (a). Write down detail of two professions related to biology. (b). Write five differences between prokaryotes and eukaryotes.
6. (a). Write a note on specificity of enzymes. (b). Describe the mechanism of respiration.
7. (a). Describe the role of liver in human body. (b). Define the term transpiration and describe the factors affecting on the rate of transpiration.